Save More with
Safeco® Umbrella Insurance
Safeco has been providing coverage for its customers' prized possessions since it opened its doors in 1923.
You have so much worth protecting
Umbrella insurance is the most valuable coverage you've probably never heard of. Yet it's highly likely you need it. And it isn't just for high earners. It's for everyone, especially if you:
- Own a car
- Have regular income, assets, or retirement savings to protect
- Have children, especially a teenage driver
- Own a home
- Own rental properties
And these are just some of the reasons umbrella insurance is must-have protection! How many of them apply to your life?
Life is unpredictable
Consider these common scenarios. You're driving a couple of children after a soccer game and have an accident that injures one of your guest passengers. Or your overly friendly dog frightens an elderly neighbor causing them to fall and break a hip. Or your teenager posts something offensive or potentially libelous online or in social media. Did you know you could be held liable for all these incidents, even if you didn't do anything wrong personally?
These types of situations are why you have liability coverage on your homeowners, auto, and other insurance policies.
How much coverage is enough?
Having $500,000 of liability coverage sounds like a lot of protection, but when you think about the high cost of emergency care, surgical bills, post-surgery care, rehab, pain and suffering, lost income, and more the costs can rise rapidly. Multiply that by several individuals and it's easy to exceed $500,000. You've likely seen in the news significant lawsuits in the millions of dollars being awarded by juries across the U.S. That's why having quality liability coverage is so important.
What happens if you're involved in an auto accident and we determine that it's a covered claim under your auto policy with us and the overall damages exceed the amount of coverage your policy provides? It depends upon your state, but your home, checking and savings accounts, investment accounts, and income can be seized or garnished to pay the difference.
Extra layer of protection
A personal umbrella policy would kick in- where damages for covered claims could exceed the underlying policy limits. It's also a critical part of your overall risk management plan because it provides an additional layer of protection when you need it.
Without an umbrella policy, your assets, savings, and even future income could be in danger because you could be required to pay all costs over your policy's liability limit. And umbrella covers much more than just auto accidents. That’s why it's essential in helping protect your family. It's also affordable. Quality coverage costs as little as a dollar a day. And the peace of mind is priceless.
Umbrella insurance coverage options
A Safeco Umbrella Insurance policy protects you and your family anywhere in the world. Umbrella insurance is available in $1 million increments up to $5 million.
In the blink of an eye, a multimillion-dollar lawsuit could jeopardize your home, car, property, savings, investments, and even your future income. In most cases an umbrella policy will provide additional coverage for:
- Bodily injury and property damage in an accident that exceeds your auto liability limits.
- Bodily injury in the event of an accident on your property that exceeds your homeowners liability limits.
- Lawsuits and legal costs relating to invasion of privacy, libel or slander, and defamation of character.
- Unforeseen situations, such as an auto accident in another country.
Coverage and feature options
- In order to purchase Safeco Umbrella Insurance, you must also have a Safeco Auto Insurance policy with a certain amount of liability coverage. Other than that, your Safeco umbrella policy will provide an extra layer of liability protection for any other Safeco policy and for most other policies with insurance companies.
Anywhere in the World
- For certain types of liability claims, a Safeco umbrella policy covers not just you but your spouse and all family members living in your household and while traveling anywhere in the world. For example, your auto policy may not cover you while driving in a foreign country, but your Safeco umbrella policy will.
- Win or lose, legal defense fees are covered for all claims covered by your personal umbrella policy and not covered by your underlying insurance policy.
Call Now for your Free Quotes