Save More with
Safeco® Motorcycle Insurance
Safeco has been providing coverage for its customers' prized possessions since it opened its doors in 1923.
Go confidently whereever the ride takes you
There are as many kinds of motorcycles as there are riders. And as the popularity of motorcycling continues to grow, especially among women, more styles and sizes of bikes come onto the market each year. Whether you’re into cruisers, choppers, sport cycles, touring bikes, scooters, or dirt bikes Safeco has the coverage you need to properly protect it.
Custom Parts and Equipment
- Custom parts reflect who you are — and they’re an important part of what makes your bike distinctly yours. That’s why Safeco provides $3,000 per bike in custom parts and equipment coverage at no charge. You also have the option to increase coverage up to $20,000 per bike. So express yourself! We will repair or replace your custom parts and equipment without adjustment for depreciation, which means your customizations are fully protected.
OEM Parts Coverage
- If something happens to your bike, you want to be sure the repairs are done right. Safeco's basic motorcycle coverage automatically includes use of original equipment manufacturer (OEM) parts during repairs.
Gear Replacement at No Extra Cost
- We appreciate that you take your riding safety seriously. To reward you, Safeco provides up to $1,000 per person, per incident to replace your helmet, jacket, boots, gloves, and other safety apparel lost or damaged in a collision. All at no extra cost and with no deductible. This is also included with liability-only policies, and is something only Safeco Insurance offers. We will repair or replace your safety gear without adjustment for depreciation, which means you’re protected.
New Harley-Davidson® Replacement Cost
- Safeco's stock motorcycle coverage includes two-year replacement cost coverage for your new Harley motorcycle. If you have a claim, we'll pay to replace your motorcycle with a similar make and model — without adjusting for depreciation.
What your motorcycle policy covers
Your mandatory motorcycle insurance requirements will depend on where you live. Of course, Safeco policies are written to satisfy all state requirements, so talk with us to learn about mandatory insurance levels in your area including:
Bodily Injury Liability
- This helps pay for hospital bills, medical expenses, and other costs related to an accident you are responsible for that injures someone other than a guest passenger. This coverage is the amount available to other people in the event of an injury. Since even relatively minor accidents can incur significant medical costs, having enough body injury liability is important for your protection. Talk with a Safeco agent to assess your risk.
Guest Passenger Liability
- Specifically covers medical expenses for a guest passenger riding with you on your motorcycle. This does not include your spouse, who is already protected under your medical coverage.
Property Damage Liability
- This helps pay for repairs to someone else’s vehicle or personal property if you’re responsible for an accident.
Enhanced coverage options
- Comprehensive coverage helps pay for repairs or replacement if your motorcycle is stolen, vandalized, or damaged in some way other than a collision. This coverage also protects you against loss or damage from flooding, fire, falling objects, wind, and collision with an animal.
- This coverage helps pay for repairs to your motorcycle for damage caused by an accident regardless of who is at fault. So you’re covered if your bike is knocked over, hit, or collides with another object.
- No matter who is at fault, coverage is available to pay hospital bills and other medical care expenses for you and a guest passenger injured in an accident.
Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist (UM/UIM) Coverage
- It's a common misconception that your health insurance will always cover additional medical bills you may have because of an accident. Actually, that's what UM/UIM coverage is for. It pays for the care you need that isn't covered by your health insurance. This includes pain and suffering, scarring, permanent impairment, and other conditions.
And since motorcycle accidents can be severe, it's important to be well protected. UM coverage can't exceed bodily injury limits, so it's best to select limits that are what you want for yourself for both bodily injury and uninsured motorist coverage. Some states require you to carry this coverage to help pay for expenses from an injury or death caused by an uninsured, underinsured, or hit-and-run driver, so check with a Safeco agent to about requirements in your area. This coverage also protects you if you are hit by a vehicle as a pedestrian.
- Ride with confidence knowing help is on the way if you need it. Motorcycle includes towing to the nearest qualified repair shop, fuel and fluids delivery, basic emergency services, trip interruption benefits, and more.
Trip Interruption Coverage
- Trip interruption benefits are automatically included with your coverage. This helps pay for food and lodging if you’re stranded far from home due to a breakdown.
Motorcycle insurance discounts and savings options
Since you’re a safe and responsible rider, you have many ways to reduce the cost of motorcycle insurance. Talk with us today about how you could save nearly 40% on your premiums by doing the following:
- Take a Motorcycle Safety Course
- Join a Riding Club
- Store Your Bike in a Garage
- Own Your Home
- Theft Recovery and Anti-Lock Brakes
- Shop Ahead of Time
Even more ways to save
Other ways to save on your monthly premiums include:
Call Now for your Free Quotes